Morning to all students. We would encourage you all to take a screen time break and get some fresh air and physical activity. Some options for you this week:
1. Start training for the Couch to 5k event that we will hold in February. Use an app like Strava to record you walks/runs. Make sure to join the Blackwater Community School Strava Club.
2. Try a PE Class with Joe Wicks. There are live classes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9am. You can also watch back previous classes. Please see his channel here https://youtube.com/c/TheBodyCoachTV
3. Maybe a chance to do a home workout and practice your Gaeilge at the same time might appeal to you https://youtu.be/kAnf2mA_OKw
4. Maybe you would benefit from this 30 minute Yoga for Beginners class aimed at teenagers https://youtu.be/6Ekep9GqvaM
5. Sometime something simple as a walk is a great way to get a break. Aim for at least 10,000 steps a day and try increase the pace of your walk to work your heart a bit more.
The most important thing is to get out and get active. The WHO recommends an average of 60 minutes per day of moderate-to-vigorous intensity, mostly aerobic, physical activity, across the week. These 60 minutes do not have to be in one go, so all those little pieces of exercise add up.